Henrik Thal Jantzen, Partner & Attorney-at-Law (H)
Henrik Thal Jantzen joined Hafnia as partner in 2018. Being a partner of Kromann Reumert since 1993 and head of the law office’s shipping and transportation group for more than 20 years, he holds a remarkable experience within that area.
The maritime and transportation work includes i.a. cargo recovery, marine insurance disputes, freight forwarding and logistics issues and marine casualty.
With his experience in maritime matters, Henrik has been appointed as trusted advisor in various marine related matters, including
- President of the Danish Maritime Law Society since 2009
- Appointed by Confederation of Danish Enterprise (Dansk Erhverv) and Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise, in connection with the revision of the Nordic Freight Forwarding Standard Terms in 2000 and 2015
- Appointed by Confederation of Danish Industry (Dansk Industri) since 2000 as a member of Danish Maritime Law Committee( Sølovsudvalget)
- Assisted Danish Insurance Association (Forsikring & Pension) in 2017 and 2018 in the revision of standard cargo insurance terms
- Appointed Danish member of the board of the newly established Nordic Arbitration Institute
Henrik is furthermore a highly experienced commercial litigator and has conducted several landmark financial and maritime cases before the Danish Supreme Court. He has been a member of the Supreme Court Bar Association since 1991. He has acted as counsel and arbitrators in a number of arbitration proceedings.
Henrik Thal Jantzen
M +45 40 62 08 74