Mathias Steinø is a co-founder of and partner in Hafnia Law Firm.
Mathias has successfully led a number of claims through the Danish Courts. Cases involve commercial contracts, professional liability, product liability, insurance claims litigation and cases related to international trading. Mathias was admitted to the Supreme Court in 2012 and is among the youngest members of the Danish Supreme Court Bar Association.
Clients are primarily insurance carriers, banks and trading houses. Mathias also acts for shipowners and various stakeholders in the shipping industry. He is an active advisor on financing and recovery issues to banks and borrowers.
Mathias lectured at Copenhagen University over a period of 8 years and was elected ‘lecturer of the year’ in 2009. He gives lectures at international conferences and is frequently appointed as arbitrator.
- Domestic and international litigation and arbitration
- Ship sale and purchase
- Ship and trade finance
- All aspects of the ship supply industry (contracts, disputes and arrest)
- Product liability
- Professional liability
- Insurance and reinsurance
- The Danish Bar and Law Society
- The Danish Supreme Court Bar Association (Højesteretsskranken)
- The Danish Branch of Comité Maritime International (CMI)
- The Danish Arbitration Association
- Young Arbitrators Copenhagen
- The International Bar Association (IBA)
- The International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Conflicts over priority of claims in ships, The Danish Maritime and Commercial Court 150 Years, Karnov Group Denmark, 2011 (co-author)
- Danish and the other Scandinavian languages
T +45 33 34 39 04
M +45 40 22 86 11