Hafnia Law Firm has its roots in the areas of shipping, trading and logistics and benefits from the largest team of maritime lawyers in Denmark.
We provide legal advice within all aspects of the shipping industry, including business establishment, day-to-day operation, contracts and resolution of disputes. Our clients are shipowners, shipyards, insurers, banks, terminal operators and intermediaries in transport. The contentious work involves casualties, cargo damage and contract disputes in a broader sense. We have extensive experience within newbuilding and sale, purchase and financing of ships.
We advise on international sale and purchase of commodities and goods, and we draft, review and negotiate standard terms and bespoke logistics contracts and transport agreements for providers as well as receivers of logistical services.
Our client base counts the world’s biggest trading houses and their affiliates, and we have profound experience within the field of supplies to ships with an unparalleled knowledge of pursuit of bunker debt worldwide and all other disputes relating to bunker supplies.
- Newbuildings, sale and purchase of ships
- Conversion contracts
- Terminal, storage and distribution agreements
- Logistics agreements and volume contracts
- Commodities and sale of goods
- Transport of goods and passengers by any means of transport
- Freight forwarding, brokering and agency agreements
- FFL, specialist professional indemnity and cargo insurance
- Collisions, salvage, ship’s liabilities